Thank you for choosing The Employment Group to support your search for work. Whatever your availability we can help. We have short term contracts, on-going work, temporary to permanent jobs or just the occasional day.
LGV 1 Drivers
Class 1 Drivers
The Employment Group are proud to announce that we are actively working in partnership with Gregory’s to assist with their recruitment drive for their Bicester branch.
Gregory Distribution is one of the largest privately owned transport companies in the UK. Their diverse fleet operate on a nationwide basis, a service underpinned by continuous improvement, creative solutions and the innovative use of business systems and technology – all geared to delivering their customers’ commercial success.
As a Class 1 Driver for Gregory’s, you will play a crucial role in ensuring timely deliveries out of the Bicester depot to a range of clients at locations across the UK. This work will mainly be trunking, meaning you are only required to drive to the location, loading and / or unloading will be completed for you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Safely operate Class 1 vehicles in accordance with road safety regulations and company guidelines.
- Transport goods efficiently from site to site.
- Adhere to assigned schedules, ensuring timely deliveries while demonstrating flexibility as needed.
- Collaborate closely with the dispatch team to receive instructions and provide updates on delivery progress.
- Complete thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspections to guarantee the roadworthiness of the vehicle.
- Uphold our commitment to exceptional customer service through courteous interactions during deliveries.
The requirements of this role include:
- Valid Class 1 (Category C+E) driving license with a clean driving record. (Held for minimum of 2 years)
- CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) qualification.
- Proven experience as a Class 1 Driver, preferably within a distribution or logistics environment.
- Flexibility to work long shifts of 12 - 14 hours and varied schedules, including weekends.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Team player mentality with a positive attitude and willingness to collaborate.
Monday to Sunday (Flexible)
5 out of 7 days
On average drivers will complete a 12–14-hour shift.
[Drivers are paid for a minimum of 8 hours regardless of the shift]
£15.23 p/h - Monday to Friday
£17.98 p/h - Saturdays
£17.98 p/h – Sundays
If you are interested in the joining our fantastic team, we would love to hear from you. Contact us TODAY for a discussion about this position.
Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button to contact us.