Thank you for choosing The Employment Group to support your search for work. Whatever your availability we can help. We have short term contracts, on-going work, temporary to permanent jobs or just the occasional day.
Our client is a well established award winning and expanding company who will celebrate their sixteenth anniversary in January 2023.
Operating with three specialised divisions (Events | Logistics | Racing), they define themselves as an “Event, Logistics & Production” company primarily, as well as offering other key services, e.g. vehicle workshop services.
Their vehicle workshop division, has just seen significant investment over the last three months, and with this in mind, they are looking to recruit an extra HGV Technician to their team.
They very much respect all of their clients, and it is because of this they expect high standards in all their services throughout the company at all times.
- To provide a duty of care to all other employees and yourself within your working areas
- For providing inspection and service routines/ schedules on various vehicles and trailers
- Servicing, repairs and testing (inspections) of vehicles (various models) to our professional and required standards
- To discuss works on vehicles with customers in a professional manner
- This position of HGV Technician will report into the Operations Director, and could potentially lead to a Managerial position, if required.
- The client offers services to a wide range of fleet customers, and specialised on the maintenance of covered car transporters. Full training will be provided on these vehicle systems, including a potential visit to the European manufacturing location.
- To liase with the companies own drivers/ logistic managers for any requirements for our fleet of vehicles and trailers
- To manage cleanliness of workshop and affected areas on a daily basis
- To attend breakdowns in assistance vehicle when and if required. This will be on a rota schedule.
- Good numeracy and conversational English language
- C & G Level 3 (Heavy Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician) qualification or equivalent
- Experience in diagnostic equipment desirable. Training will be provided for our new systems
- Welding skills and experience would be ideal, but again can be provided with formal training
- HGV (LGV C+E) licence preferred, but not essential
- LOLER experience desirable but not essential
- excellent organisational skills and highly motivated
- flexible for call-outs where required
- valid passport
- excellent communication skills and team player with a "can-do" attitude
- good customer focus at all times with a focus on customer service
- must have own reliable transport to be used for commuting to Xpression
- monitor, provide and achieve KPI’s
Hours of work:
- 08.30hrs – 18.00hrs (45 hrs pw allowing for 30mins unpaid break each day)
- Salary range – 38,000.00 – 45,000.00GBp/ per annum (depending upon experience)
- Holidays: 23days plus Bank Holidays
- Overtime rate to be discussed and agreed at interview
- Other benefits include; company i-phone/ employee award benefit/ staff social events/ ride to work scheme
- Overalls and all PPE equipment provided
- Training provided where required and to enhance services offered by the client
If you are interested in the joining our clients fantastic team, we would love to hear from you. Contact us TODAY.
Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button to apply.