Thank you for choosing The Employment Group to support your search for work. Whatever your availability we can help. We have short term contracts, on-going work, temporary to permanent jobs or just the occasional day.
We are looking to directly employ an experienced Finance Manager. This is a very important role within our business and will sit within the senior management team
The Finance Manager will assume overall responsibility for much of the day to day financial tasks, including payroll, invoicing and ledger reconciliation.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director. Developing a strong external relationship with the company accountants and offering internal support as part of the senior management team.
You will take full responsibility for all company payroll, invoicing processes and associated tasks. Ensuring at all times a level of service and adherence to legal compliance.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company who are experiencing significant growth and have a clear strategic plan for the next 3-5 years.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Management of the company’s payrolls – Currently using Sage Payroll software
- Data input from client timesheets and hours spreadsheets
- Reconciliation of above hours worked data
- Completion and processing of both temporary staff and employed staff payrolls
- Gross to net payroll reporting
- Pension scheme administration
- Review of the payrolls before final approval
- Liaising with various Consultants and Account Managers to ensure that information is provided in an accurate and timely basis
- Management of payroll payments to various agencies, such as HMRC and pension providers
- Support pension auto-enrolment reporting
- Provide administration for the company pension schemes
- Provide support when required to other staff members regarding payroll or invoice queries
- Ensure the maintenance of finance processes but be willing to challenge them and assist in devising new processes where necessary
- Accurate completion and distribution of company weekly invoices
- Weekly communication with clients to obtain, check and confirm costs for PO allocation
- Data sharing with company accountants and IF provider
- Weekly reconciliation of company sales ledger
- Monthly bank account reconciliation
- Completion of confidential weekly management accounts – Including Operational reports and P&L reporting
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified (or working towards qualification) with an accounting qualification in either ACA or CIMA
- At least two years' experience in an accounting environment with proven management accounting, budgeting and strong analytical skills
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent people skills with the ability to win trust and work collaboratively and empathetically with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively on finance matters to non-financial staff, including senior management and administrative staff at all levels
- High levels of personal effectiveness, particularly co-ordination, organisation and the ability to focus on achieving deadlines and ensuring that project plans can be met
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise own workload, including managing multiple activities with tight deadlines
- Demonstrable problem solving skills combined with the ability to generate practical and effective solutions
- Excellent IT skills, in particular strong Excel skills and a good understanding of financial IT systems
- High level of integrity and the ability to deal reliably with confidential information
- A flexible "can do" approach and a strong commitment to customer service
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Knowledge of both Sage Payroll and Sage Accounts platforms
28 days per annum (including 8 Bank Holidays)
Eligible for membership of the company contributed pension scheme
37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday
£30000 - £32000 dependant on experience
If you are interested in the joining our fantastic team, we would love to hear from you. Contact us TODAY for a confidential discussion about this position.
Call us on 01295 340034 or email us your details to firstname.lastname@example.org